Japanese Language Skills
The bilingual teachers will introduce and reinforce the Japanese language through:
• teaching the Japanese words for the basic colors, shapes, animals, parts of the body, family members, foods, etc.
• counting from 1-20 in Japanese using games and activities.
• helping children recognize and write their name in Japanese.
• using daily greetings, i.e. good morning, thank you, good-bye.
• teaching the Japanese alphabets and simple sentence structures.
• reading books, music, singing songs, and through cultural celebrations.
• giving simple daily directions in Japanese.
• conversing in Japanese with children, who speak or understand the language, throughout the day.